Those who work in industrial fields may be more likely to sustain serious injuries when they’re hurt on the job. The results can be devastating. Extensive bills from severe injuries, a long recovery time, and uncertainty about the future are all things that an injured worker may have to deal with, but they shouldn’t have to do this on their own. Our Minneapolis employment lawyer can help you get justice. We’ll fight for you to hold negligent people responsible for their actions that harmed you.
The Dangers of Industrial Jobs
While injuries can happen at any job, industrial work tends to have higher worker fatalities. According to the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry, agriculture, forestry, and fishing had the highest worker fatalities in 2019. There were 23.
The next highest fatal industries include transportation and warehousing, which had 13 cases. Construction and wholesale trade both saw decreases from 2018, but still had worker fatalities as well.
These areas of work may be more dangerous than others, but many injuries that happen can be prevented with proper safety precautions. However, when others don’t prioritize safety, accidents can occur. Some industrial accidents include:
- Toxic Chemical Exposure. This could refer to workers unknowingly working in a dangerous worksite without the equipment or information about the hazardous conditions they’re in. There’s also the chance of a chemical spill occurring. Chemical spills can cause burns and explosions, but can also seep into the environment and affect others in the area, like if a spill happened near a residential area.
- Equipment Overturns. If there is faulty equipment or someone doesn’t know how to properly handle equipment, there can be issues with equipment rolling over or falling over. Anyone caught near the equipment can sustain injuries if they’re hit or operating the equipment.
- Being Caught in Machinery. Loose clothing, hair, or other improper ways of using heavy machinery can result in accidents where someone is caught in the machinery.
- Being Hit with Equipment. Industrial worksites are often full of moving equipment and machinery. If someone acts recklessly or isn’t paying attention, they could hit others with the equipment. Contact with equipment caused 14 fatalities in 2019.
- Falls. This accident, along with slips and trips, accounted for 15 fatalities in 2019. Falling from heights and falling debris can all cause life-threatening injuries.
When our Minneapolis industrial accident lawyer is working on your case, we’ll look into the accident that harmed you. Often, these accidents occurred because of the negligent actions of another. With Madia as your lawyers, you can rest assured that we’ll find the cause of your accident and injuries.
For a legal consultation with a industrial accidents lawyer serving Minneapolis, call 612-349-2729
Examples of Industrial Site Negligence
You may be asking yourself how the accident that hurt you could have happened in the first place. Industrial accidents can occur in a number of ways, but there are common reasons that these accidents occur. It’s possible one of the following examples of negligence is the reason why you were injured:
- Defective Equipment. If there’s equipment on the site that malfunctions, it may not be because of the person using it. There’s a chance it was defective and would have broken down or failed to work properly no matter who was operating it. In this case, the company that provided the equipment may be held responsible for your injuries.
- Lack of Equipment Maintenance. The machinery used on industrial worksites need to be properly maintained to make sure they will run smoothly and safely. If the machines aren’t checked or maintained, they could have an issue that causes a dangerous accident that could have been prevented.
- Lack of Safety Equipment. Workers need safety equipment to protect themselves. If they aren’t provided with this equipment or those in charge aren’t enforcing the rules that they need to use the equipment, then there may be grounds for an industrial accident lawsuit.
- Employees Aren’t Fully Trained. When Ashwin is investigating your case, he may look into the hiring process of the company you work for. They may have a history of hiring unqualified workers or not properly training employees to use the equipment and machinery required of them. If they’re knowingly putting unskilled employees in charge of heavy machinery, they may be held accountable for the injuries and damages you sustained in the accident.
- Fatigue. Workers need to have breaks and time to rest. If they’re overworked like constantly pulling double shifts or are working excessive overtime, then they’re likely not going to be sharp when they’re on the job. This could lead to mistakes and oversights. Workers may also be held to an impossibly high standard where they’re supposed to do their work at an unsafe speed. While the company is prioritizing time saved, this is making workers rush and cannot focus on safety.
When negligence is the reason you were hurt, Madia can serve as your industrial accident lawyer. We will find out why it happened and will fight for you to get the recovery you deserve.
Minneapolis Industrial Accident Lawyer Near Me 612-349-2729
Consequences of Industrial Accidents
The consequences of these accidents are often catastrophic injuries. This can include brain damage, loss of limb, spinal cord injuries, crush injuries, burns—all injuries that can permanently affect you for the rest of your life. While these injuries can heal up to a point, they will not fully recover. The treatment required for these injuries can include surgery, medication, medical equipment, and continued physical therapy.
Another industrial accident injury that can occur is degloving, where the skin and tissue are severed from the muscle and tissue beneath. This injury is also known as an avulsion and can be extremely dangerous. This type of injury may require multiple surgeries and physical therapy.
Some injuries may not be apparent until years later, when they present as an illness. If you were in an unsafe environment and were breathing in dangerous chemicals, you may receive a diagnosis later in life. Depending on when the illness is caught, your care may be focused on slowing down the illness or treating the painful symptoms it can cause.
While there are many different kinds of injuries that can occur, they will likely result in the following:
- High Medical Bills
- Inability to Work/Return to Work
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life
- Emotional Distress
That’s where Madia can step in as your lawyer. We’ll seek full and fair compensation that fully covers your economic and noneconomic damages. You’ll be able to get the medical care you need, recover the wages you’ve missed or will continue to miss, and to recover damages for the emotional losses the accident has caused you. With Madia on your side, we’ll represent your best interests so you can get the recovery you deserve.
Seek Legal Representation Today
Madia will stand up for your rights when you’ve been wrongfully injured. While you may feel overwhelmed at the outcome of the accident and the costs of your case, we are here to help. Madia will handle the legal responsibilities so you can work on healing. We will make sure your voice is heard.