Construction workers are often surrounded with heavy machinery on their worksites. Safety protocols need to be in place to keep the workers and those around the worksite from sustaining serious injuries. However, if negligence occurs, both those working at the site and passersby can be put in danger. These injuries can cause life-changing injuries and can also result in fatality. A Minneapolis construction accident lawyer from Madia Law LLC can help you fight for justice. We’ll use our expertise to seek full and fair compensation for your damages and losses.
Construction Accident Statistics
The Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry investigated causes of fatalities in the workplace. They found that contact with object and equipment caused 42 fatalities and falls resulted in 32 fatalities in 2020. Those who do survive these accidents may have injuries with severe consequences.
When Minnesota OSHA looks into fatality investigations, they list the description of the event. Those who worked in construction had the following incidents since Oct. 1, 2020:
- Struck by piece of equipment
- Struck by forklift
- Fell from a boom truck
- Struck by a vehicle
These types of accidents occur when there’s lack of protocol, safety procedures, and when people act carelessly on the worksite. Mistakes or oversights can result in the fatal accidents listed above. They can also result in catastrophic injuries.
For a legal consultation with a construction lawyer serving Minneapolis, call 612-349-2729
Types of Construction Accidents
Negligence on a construction site can lead to devastating accidents. Our lawyers are familiar with the common types of accidents that can happen:
- Falls. Construction workers can be on ladders, scaffolding, or other areas where they’re off the ground. Without safety measures, workers can fall and suffer severe injuries.
- Equipment Accident. If there’s faulty equipment or someone is operating equipment without the education necessary to do so safely, then others around the equipment are put in danger.
- Toxic Exposure. Workers are supposed to be given equipment so they can work safely in an environment. If they are in a toxic environment and aren’t aware or given safety equipment, they could develop serious illnesses. Construction workers exposed to asbestos may develop mesothelioma, a rare and aggressive form of cancer, years later.
- Electrocution. Exposed wires or faulty wires could cause electrocution injuries.
- Explosions. If workers are around chemicals or other reactive substances, negligence could lead to an explosion. Severe burns or disfigurement could occur.
- Falling Debris. If equipment isn’t secured correctly, it could fall and strike someone below on the head. These accidents can result in fatalities or severe injuries.
Our construction accident lawyers will look into who was responsible for the construction accident. We’ll identify who was on the site, what the type of accident happened, and analyze all available evidence to see who was responsible. We will seek justice on your behalf.
Minneapolis Construction Lawyer Near Me 612-349-2729
Consequences of Injuries
When a construction accident occurs, the outcome can be devastating. Our lawyers are familiar with the common types of serious injuries that can happen when someone is negligent at a worksite.
- Traumatic Brain Injuries. A TBI can happen when someone falls or if an object falls and hits their head. This can cause severe brain trauma that needs immediate treatment. If the injury is severe enough, permanent damage may occur.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. Falls and other accidents can also cause spinal cord trauma. These injuries can result in paralysis. Someone could lose mobility and feeling underneath the injury site.
- Amputations. Equipment malfunction or improperly using the equipment can cause injuries where people lose limbs. Other instances where amputation occurs is if there is severe nerve damage that cannot be repaired and the limb has to be removed.
- Broken Bones. While broken bones will heal, these injuries are painful and can limit someone’s mobility for weeks or months. A broke bone can prevent someone from working and may require physical therapy after to regain strength.
- Illness. If the worksite had toxic substances, workers may develop serious illnesses over time. These illnesses could be terminal, where treatment slows down the progression of the illness but cannot stop it. In some cases, treating an illness may also include palliative care, which is focused on pain management.
Suffering from these injuries can be even more difficult because they happened because of negligence. It’s important to hold the people who caused your injuries responsible for their actions. Your Minneapolis construction accident lawyer will do everything possible to get you the justice you deserve.
Our Team Is on Your Side
Because of the catastrophic nature of construction injuries, your life may include adjusting to living with a permanent injury. This could be from brain damage, losing a limb, or requiring treatment for an illness. Getting the extensive medical care you require can be expensive and this care may need to continue far into the future. Regular therapy, medication, and other treatments could be necessary for you to maintain your wellbeing. The costs of medical care can be overwhelming, especially when the injuries shouldn’t have happened to you in the first place.
When Madia Law LLC is on your side, we’re evaluate the costs of your medical care. This includes the past expenses and what you will need to get care in the future. We’ll fight for your compensation to cover your medical expenses so you never have to worry about being able to afford the care you need.
If your injury prevents you from working for some time, or you cannot return to your previous job, your lost wages and loss of earnings are damages we’ll include in your compensation. You may not be able to do your previous job but you can return to the workforce. In this case, we’d take the diminished earning capacity into account.
We understand how the financial losses of a serious injury can put a lot of financial stress on someone, especially if they’re supporting others. Our construction accident attorneys will find the total financial losses of the accident and fight for you to get full and fair compensation for them.
In addition to your financial losses, we’ll also include the other consequences of the accident. Pain and suffering damages are for what it costs to live with the injuries you sustained each day. They could also be causing emotional turmoil, whether it’s from the trauma of the accident, preventing you from doing what you used to enjoy, or because you’re grappling with how they will continue to affect your life.
With our attorneys on your side, you’ll know we’re going to fight for your future. We’ll do everything possible to help you move forward. While you may have obstacles to face, you’ll have the financial security you need to have confidence for the future.
When you’re fighting for compensation because of a construction injury, there could be multiple parties involved. You could have been working on the site or you could have been passing by. The party that was negligent could have been a worker, colleague, or someone working on the site as a third party. This is why it’s essential to have a Minneapolis construction accident lawyer on your side.
We’ll get the full story about who was involved, how the accident occurred, and the injuries and damages you lost. Your attorney will fiercely advocate for you to get the recovery you deserve. We can begin fighting for you today. All you have to do is get in touch with us for an obligation-free consultation.