Have you faced discrimination or retaliation at work? A violation of your rights at work can leave you feeling powerless and have a negative impact on your career and your life. An Eden Prairie civil rights lawyer with experience in employment law can help you stand up for your rights.
We fight for employees who have experienced issues like age, disability, or pregnancy discrimination – as well as violations of laws like the FMLA or situations involving hostile work environments.
You shouldn’t have to tolerate these situations. The Eden Prairie employment attorneys of Madia Law can help you fight for your rights to fair treatment and compensation for your losses.
What Might Be Considered Employment Discrimination
If you’ve experienced discrimination or faced unlawful retaliation, you have rights. Our team handles all types of workplace issues. Some situations we handle include:
- Unlawful adverse treatment towards employees based solely on their older age, typically those above 40 years old
- Actions may include failure to hire, demotion, harassment, unwarranted discipline, reduction in pay or hours, or termination due to an employee’s older age
- Violates Age Discrimination in Employment Act and state anti-discrimination laws
- Adverse employment actions taken against qualified individuals based on a current disability, a history of disability, or a perceived disability
- May include failure to make reasonable accommodations for disabilities, harassment, termination, or denying employment opportunities, promotions, training, etc.
- Violates Americans with Disabilities Act and state anti-discrimination laws
Family and Medical Leave Act
- Provides eligible employees up to 12 weeks of job-protected, unpaid leave per year, along with maintenance of health benefits
- Leave can be taken for an employee’s own serious health condition, to care for a spouse, child, or parent with a serious health condition, for the birth/adoption of a child, or for military caregiving
- Violations include interfering with or denying FMLA rights, retaliatory actions, failure to reinstate an employee after leave
Hostile Work Environment
- Severe and pervasive harassment against an employee based on their inclusion in a protected class that creates an abusive, intimidating, or offensive work environment
- Interferes with employee’s ability to perform job duties
- Protected classes include race, gender, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, age
- Violates federal and state anti-discrimination laws
- On-the-job injuries that are covered under state Workers’ Compensation systems
- Provides benefits to cover medical treatment and partial wage replacement for employees injured while working
- Attorneys assist with denied claims, appeals, maximizing benefits
For a legal consultation with a employment lawyer serving Eden Prairie, call 612-349-2729
Pension Plan And ERISA Litigation
- Litigation regarding violations of the federal Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- May involve denial of pension benefits that employees are owed or entitled to
- Also covers breaches of fiduciary duty in management of employee retirement benefit plans
- Adverse employment treatment towards women based on current pregnancy, prior pregnancy or related medical conditions
- May include failure to accommodate limitations, health needs related to pregnancy, harassment, termination
- Violates Pregnancy Discrimination Act and state anti-discrimination laws
- Adverse treatment based on an individual’s race, ethnicity, or color, including harassment, termination, discipline, denial of job opportunities, promotions, or training
- Violates Title VII of Civil Rights Act and state anti-discrimination laws
- Adverse employment actions taken as retaliation for an employee engaging in legally protected activities
- Protected activities include complaining of discrimination/harassment, participating in investigations, or asserting legal rights
- Retaliation may include unwarranted discipline, demotion, pay reduction, termination, threats, harassment
- Violates federal and state anti-discrimination laws’ anti-retaliation provisions
The Eden Prairie employment discrimination attorneys of our firm also handle cases involving:
- Severance Agreements
- Sex Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Unpaid Overtime Class Action
- Veterans And Military
- Whistleblower Claims
- Workers’ Compensation Retaliation
- Wrongful Termination
Your right to fair treatment in the workplace is protected by Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. No matter the situation, our goal is the same: to fight for you and seek the compensation you deserve. We’ll thoroughly assess the facts of your case and advise you on the best path forward.
Maybe it just takes a demand letter to get your employer to do the right thing. Or perhaps we need to file a formal complaint with the proper agency. Whatever it takes, we’ll aggressively pursue all possible legal remedies.
Eden Prairie Employment Lawyer Near Me 612-349-2729
Possible Compensation in an Employment Law Claim
There are a few factors that employment lawyers consider when determining the appropriate compensation in a discrimination case:
Lost Wages and Lost Benefits
This includes calculating the salary, bonuses, raises, and benefits that the employee lost or will lose in the future due to the discriminatory actions of the employer. Things like termination, demotion, or missed promotions impact future earnings.
Discrimination often causes significant stress, anxiety, depression, and other emotional harms. Compensation aims to make the employee whole for their non-economic losses as well. Testimony from the employee and medical professionals can help substantiate these claims.
Charges for things like filing fees, deposition costs, and attorney fees are usually included in a settlement or jury award to fully compensate the individual.
Our employment attorneys in Eden Prairie consider all applicable losses, liabilities, and remedies under the law to determine the maximum compensation you could receive. The specific facts of each situation drive the appropriate damages calculation.
Contact an Eden Prairie Employment Law Attorney for a Free Case Evaluation
If you have faced discrimination or retaliation at work, your rights may have been violated. You do not need to suffer in silence or accept unfair treatment. The experienced employment law attorneys at Madia Law can help assess your potential legal claims and options for compensation or reinstatement of your rights.
We are not intimidated by giant corporations or teams of corporate attorneys and won’t hesitate to fight on your behalf.
Contact us today to discuss your situation in a confidential consultation. It’s time to speak out.