I am proud to be a part of the team at Madia Law, where our focus is skillful litigation against the largest of law firms–most of which are scared to take cases to trial. We’re not. As a trial lawyer, I aggressively advocate for clients in the areas of employment law, constitutional rights and liberties, sexual orientation law, and business litigation.
My experience at Madia Law includes successful legal work on behalf of an array of clients in both state and federal court. For example:
- A police officer forced out of his job due to his sexual orientation
- Disabled accountants, airline employees, and transit drivers
- A Minneapolis-based commercial realtor
- Victims of excessive police force
- Sexual harassment and gender discrimination victims
- Employees who have been wrongfully terminated and treated unfairly in employment contracts
- A motorcycle franchise
- Several small and medium sized Minnesota businesses
I started at Madia Law in May 2010 as a law clerk; after graduating law school, I was thrilled to join the firm as an Associate Attorney.
My legal experience also includes criminal prosecution and defense work on behalf of the State of Minnesota, where as a certified student attorney, I obtained successful trial verdicts and settlements for the City of Richfield and handled a high-profile criminal defense matter for the Hennepin County Public Defender’s office.
Born and raised in northwestern Wisconsin, I have since lived in Minnesota (Duluth, Bloomington, and Minneapolis). I am a volunteer for Big Brothers/Big Sisters and am actively involved in Twin Cities and western Wisconsin communities.
I have five years of teaching experience, including the University of Minnesota (Law School and Political Science Department) and Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions. Prior to attending law school, I spent five years investigating, apprehending, and pursuing prosecution of individuals who caused asset loss at major retailers across the upper Midwest. For two years, I also owned and managed my own exterior residential painting business in the St. Croix Valley.
I enjoy baseball, camping, hiking, live music, skydiving, rock climbing, and traveling.
Juris Doctor (J.D.)
University of Minnesota Law School, ’12
- Honors: cum laude; Dean’s List of Academic Excellence; Lindquist & Vennum Merit Scholar
- Clinics: Misdemeanor Prosecution, Misdemeanor Defense
- Teaching Director – Maynard Pirsig Moot Court
- Managing Director – Misdemeanor Prosecution Clinic
- Student Instructor – Practice & Professionalism
- Graduate Teaching Assistant – Department of Political Science
- Admissions Ambassador; “MPLS” LSAT Instructor
- President – Law Students United for All Families
- Co-Founding Officer – Law and Policy Student Association
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
University of Minnesota – Twin Cities, ’09
- Honors: Dean’s List of Academic Excellence; National Honors Society
- Employment Law & Discrimination
- Constitutional Rights & Liberties
- Sexual Orientation Law
- Business Litigation
- Class Action Litigation
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Minnesota Lavender Bar Association
- University of Minnesota Alumni Association
- Supreme Court of Wisconsin
- Minnesota Supreme Court*
- District of Columbia, Court of Appeals*
- United States District Court – Western District of Wisconsin*
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Wisconsin*
- United States District Court – District of Minnesota*
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit (Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin)*
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit (Arkansas, Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota)*